The W Ft Lauderdale is located just across the street from 315 linear feet of white sandy beach and it consists of two 23-story buildings connected with one building housing a 346-room W Hotel and the other 171 residences in one and two bedroom floor plans.
Built in 2009, the property is currently undergoing a $55 million renovation by the New York City design firm Meyer Davis Studio.
Building Amenities Include:
- Beachfront location – 315 linear feet of designated white sandy beach
- WET EAST® – heated swimming pool oasis with endless oceanfront views
- WET WEST® – Secluded Pool Oasis
- CABANAS – Book a private cabana and order treats from the WET® Bar
- FIT CENTER – The perfect spot to inspire a workout
- BLISS® SPA – Pamper the mind and body in the full-service spa
- STEAK 954 – Steven Starr gourmet oceanfront restaurant
- LIVING ROOM – Ocean view lounge for cocktails, bites and socializing
Owners of the W Residences will receive the following additional benefits:
- WHEELS parking (1) complimentary space per residence
- 10% off all Bliss Spa services Monday – Thursday
- Bliss Spa Manager’s direct line for booking
- 10% discount at STEAK954
- 10% discount at the Living Room
- 25% discount off the best available rate at W Fort Lauderdale for Family and Friends (when in-house)
- 10% discount off the best available rate at participating Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
- 30% discount at W THE STORE online
- SPG Gold Membership
- Access to WHATEVER/WHENEVER®
- Residential Insider – residential requests & concierge services
- WHEELS – valet parking and self-parking for residence owners
- Package delivery service
- Telephone access to Hotel Services and Amenities
- Text messaging services (e.g. for deliveries, guest arrivals, etc.)
- Access to all hotel amenities, with resident signing privileges
Residence Features Include:
- Magnificent 9-foot floor-to-ceiling windows
- Atlantic Ocean and Intracoastal Waterway views
- Sliding glass doors onto spacious balconies
- Fully furnished living and dining areas
- Entertainment system
Kitchen and Dining:
- Fully integrated kitchens
- Italian designed cabinetry
- Polished designer stone counter tops
- Deluxe side-by-side refrigerator and freezer with ice maker
- Flat range stove with gourmet wall-oven
- Built-in microwave
- Under-mounted stainless steel sink
- Dining table with seating for four
- Washer and dryer
- Signature W Hotels® bed
- Premium Audio device
- Plush seating
- Up to 50” LCD TV
- Designer vanity tops, shower, tub, walls, and floors
- Premium spa bathtub and separate shower
- Designer fixtures, faucets, and accessories
The companies behind the upgrade and redesign are The Related Companies (NY) and Related Group (Miami).
The W Fort Lauderdale is located just minutes to downtown Ft. Lauderdale and I-95. It is near Ft. Lauderdale’s cultural and arts district, fine art museums and performing art venues. The property is close to shopping and entertainment venues offering upscale boutiques, restaurants, movie theaters and Las Olas Boulevard.
There are no living restrictions at the W Ft. Lauderdale, giving owners flexibility in using their residence as primary or secondary home. Owners can also place their residence in the rental program, thereby generating revenue to offset the costs of ownership. The property will be operated by Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., with over 1,200 properties worldwide under their umbrella.
Residences range in size from 804 sq. ft. to 1,463 sq. ft. They come in one and two bedroom floor plans.
The monthly maintenance fee is $1.35 per sq. ft., and includes common area maintenance, electricity, water, sewer, garbage, cable, full amenities and services of the hotel and maid service (extra fee). Estimated real estate taxes are $1.9% of the purchase price.
The project is currently offering two years of homeowners association free, which can be taken as a credit at closing. Also, for a limited time, buyers traveling from the United States, Mexico, and Canada will be reimbursed a credit for travel and stay costs of up to $1,250 and up to $2,000 to those buyers traveling internationally.
Prices average $850 per sq. ft., and range as follows:
- 1 Bedrooms: $765,000 – $950,000
- 2 Bedrooms: $960,000 – $1,500,000
The residences can be purchased with only 10% of the purchase price and the balance at closing. The closings can be concluded within 30 days and financing options are available.
If you’re interested in learning more about this property, please feel free to ask me for an e-brochure including floor plans and additional photos.
RE/MAX Advance Realty